Thursday, April 30, 2009

While Waiting for Lant to Arrive...

Chrysler Bankruptcy Plan (NYTimes)

(The Economist)

Please hire me. Even if it's for next year. Recruitment in the recession. (The Economist)

Before you tell me you are too busy: Tim Geithner's Schedule

We talked about corn subsidies and high fructose corn syrup in Development Econ the other day. We watched this video. I don't want to be like that woman who couldn't respond to "what's wrong with HFCS?" so I memorized this line from wikipedia: "Large quantities of fructose stimulate the liver to produce triglycerides, promotes glycation of proteins and induces insulin resistance." I suggest you all do the same.
See another blog post about HFCS here.

Talked about patents in Health Econ today. "According to the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics, pharmaceutical companies spent $900 million on lobbying between 1998 and 2005, more than any other industry." [wiki]
Woa.
Government R&D, or promise of monopoly?

Lastly, friends' suggestion for my blog!

[Lant Pritchett will be here in an hour!]

1 comment:

  1. I saw this article and thought of you... HAHAHAH
    http://www.jci.org/articles/view/37385

    ReplyDelete