Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Austan Goolsbee on the Daily Show!

Austan Goolsbee was on the Daily Show last night!  Full episode here.  Some of you might remember him as the winner of "DC's Funniest Celebrity Contest."  Here!

He talked about the Volcker Rule.  WSJ has lots of videos on this (Volcker Rule vs. Basel Committee Proposals) Economics of Contempt responded.

Campus Progress quoted Jon Stewart on Students Over Banks!
"The idea of taking away the middle man in college loans would get us 46 billion dollars over 10 years- that, stunned me. That gets us more savings than removing subsidies from oil companies which I guess over 10 years is like 40 billion."

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while...last week was hectic because I was catching up on classwork and work work.  And I now have a roommate and a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment