Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mamma Mia!

I don't care what's going on in Greece.  Someone take me.  We can do Greece a favor by spending lots of money while we're there...it will be completely selfless!

 
 
 
My mom is in Turkiye right now.  I'm so jealz.

Simon Johnson talks about why Greece might go to the IMF for help and why things are not as simple as when Greece had its own currency.  He also talks about how politics may (as always) get in the way of things...
In another piece, Johnson talks about Goldman's role.  Felix Salmon thinks that Goldman is just a scapegoat.

Martin Feldstein suggests a holiday from the eurozone for Greece - Greece could devalue the drachma to reduce imports and boost exports (reducing trade deficit and maybe increasing GDP and employment)

3 comments:

  1. I want to go to santorini. so let me know when you wanna go lol It might have to be next yr though, because i'm using 2 wks of my vaca days to go Korea in may lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I want to go to Greece! Also, Feldstein is right...the same goes for Portugal, Spain, and Italy (to a lesser extent). The Euro is not helping those countries out.

    ReplyDelete